Skip to content
- November 17, 2023 The NYSRC Executive Committee has extended the deadline for comments on the revised PRR 151 until December 26, 2023.
- Friday November 10, 2023 At it’s meeting on Thursday, November 9, 2023 the NYSRC EC approved posting a revision of a revised PRR #151 for industry comments. The comment period will end December 26, 2023. The instructions for submitting comments can be found here.
- Search for a qualified candidate to fill an open unaffiliated Executive Committee Member Position
The New York State Reliability Council (NYSRC) is seeking qualified candidates who are interested in fulfilling the role of Unaffiliated Member of the New York State Reliability Council’s Executive Committee. To be considered for the position please review the information and instructions for submitting an application at this link.
- NYSRC EC Approves 2024 Business Goals
At the meeting of the NYSRC Executive Committee on October 14, 2023, the Executive Committee approved the business Goals for 2024. The goals document can be found at this link.
- At the meeting of the NYSRC Executive Committee on October 14, 2023, the Executive Committee approved the Emergency Operating Procedures (EOP) Whitepaper. The EOP Whitepaper describes the research on how EOPs, especially Emergency Assistance are accounted for in the IRM base case model and recommends changes to the IRM modelling assumptions. The EOP Whitepaper can be found at this link.
- NYSRC has filed comments supporting NPCC’s proposed plan regarding how to include the requirements of IEEE 2800 into NPCC’s Directories which contain NPCC’s Bulk Power System Criteria. The comments can be found at this link.
Please take note that at its meeting on July 14, 2024 the NYSRC Executive Committee approved the Executive Committee, Subcommittee and Working Groups meeting schedules for calendar year 2024. The details can be found here.
- Approval of the Extreme Weather Working Group Report on Off Shore Wind Performance
During its meeting on July 14, 2023, the NYSRC Executive Committee approved a report from the Extreme Weather Working Group on its analysis of wind output. The analyses examined high resolution data characterizing Off Shore Wind (OSW) performance recently provided by NYISO and its consultant DNV. The analysis revealed that wind lulls, defined for the purposes of this analysis as periods of each hour of wind output of less than 5%-20% for extended periods of 24 hours or longer, occur about 30 times per year on average. Wind lulls of 48 hours or longer occur on average about seven times per year, and wind lulls of 72 hours or longer occur on average two times per year. The analysis also found wind lull events to be highly correlated interregional events simultaneously impacting wind output from NJ to Rhode Island. The report can be found here.
- NYSRC Notice Regarding Inverter Based Resources (IBR) Actions
Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (“CLCPA”) Legislation recently enacted in New York State has mandated a very significant increase in Inverter Based Resources (IBR) on the New York State electric system. In light of this legislation, and after extensive review, the New York State Reliability Council (NYSRC) identified the need for, and is in the process of implementing, a number of actions necessary to preserve to New York State Bulk Power System. The complete notice and summary of the actions may be found here.
- NYSRC Establishes Goals for 2023
At its meeting on November 10, 2022, the NYSRC Executive Committee approved its business goals for 2023 and beyond. The goals can be found here.
- Availability of the NYSRC DER and Decarbonization Monthly Report
For industry use, the monthly status report of the industry (New York and beyond) activities related to Decarbonization and Distributed Energy Resources (DER) is available here.